Simple Nut Crust
Serves 8 (or an 8-inch pie or cheesecake crust)
1 cup pecan pieces
1 cup walnut pieces
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup granular Swerve or xylitol
pinch fine salt (or to taste)
1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. Put all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse to a coarse meal.
3. Turn the mixture out into a pie pan or divide among individual tart dishes or custard cups.
4. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the container to form a bottom crust
5. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, just to set the crust.
6. Remove and cool slightly before filling.