One of the things I’ve missed most in giving up gluten and keeping low carbs is the joy of a good BLT in the summer when the Vidalia onions come on and the tomatoes are at their peak. But I can have all the tastes of those, well at least almost all of them, with this:
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons homemade mayonnaise (or your preferred mayo)
For the salad assembly
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, washed, torn, and dried well
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- 6 strips thick bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients, except the mayo, in a salad bowl and let stand a few minutes. Whisk in the mayo.
- Add the lettuce and onions and toss to coat evenly.
- Finally, add the tomatoes and bacon and toss gently to mix.
- Divide between two serving bowls and enjoy!
Be the first to know
when new content is premiered!
Sign up to be notified about new blog posts, podcast interviews, tasty recipes, scheduled appearances or live talks, or interesting special offers. And especially sign up to learn when and where you can begin to pre-order our next book, Protein Power 2.0!