Simple Nut Crust for Tarts and Pies
Simple Nut Crust
Serves 8 (or an 8-inch pie or cheesecake crust)
1 cup pecan pieces
1 cup walnut pieces
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup granular Swerve or xylitol
pinch fine salt (or to taste)
1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. Put all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse to a coarse meal.
3. Turn the mixture out into a pie pan or divide among individual tart dishes or custard cups.
4. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the container to form a bottom crust
5. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, just to set the crust.
6. Remove and cool slightly before filling.
Be the first to know
when new content is premiered!
Sign up to be notified about new blog posts, podcast interviews, tasty recipes, scheduled appearances or live talks, or interesting special offers. And especially sign up to learn when and where you can begin to pre-order our next book, Protein Power 2.0!