The world’s best guacamole
What better way to enjoy a summer barbecue than with some really good fat?? Maybe some baby back ribs or brisket or pork belly sliders? And some slaw? But whatever your pleasure, there’s always room for the piquant fave — guacamole! Here’s our long-time family recipe.
- ½ red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 limes, for juice
- 4 ripe medium avocados
- 1 Serrano pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, stemmed, seeded, and finely diced
- 1 handful cilantro, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the onion into a bowl with water and the juice of one of the limes. Set aside for 10 or 15 minutes to take any bite out of the onions.
2. Halve the avocados, seed, and dice the flesh. Put the avocado into a large bowl and squeeze the juice of the remaining lime over it to prevent browning.
3. Mash the avocado with the pepper and the garlic.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, turning over to combine well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Serve with slices of jicama or pork skins.
Be the first to know
when new content is premiered!
Sign up to be notified about new blog posts, podcast interviews, tasty recipes, scheduled appearances or live talks, or interesting special offers. And especially sign up to learn when and where you can begin to pre-order our next book, Protein Power 2.0!