For the salad
- 2 cups torn fresh leaf lettuce (or your choice)
- 4 Roma tomatoes, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 20 whole green olives (or your choice)
- 20 mild pepperoncini (pickled pepper) rings
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano
- 8 to 10 anchovies (optional, but delicious!)
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic peeled and finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1/2 packet Stevia (or your choice non-sugar sweetener)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients, except olive oil, in a small bowl and let sit for a few minutes. Then whisk in the olive oil in a slow steady stream.
- Toss together all salad ingredients, except for the parm and anchovies, in a large bowl.
- Pour on the dressing and continue to toss to coat evenly throughout. Add the parm and toss again.
- Divide the salad between two salad bowls, top each with half the anchovies, if desired, and enjoy!